- 1 kilo sliced chicken breast
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sweet bell pepper molasses
- 1 tsp tomato sauce
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon each of the following spices (garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, dried coriander)
- 1/2 teaspoon each of the following spices (ginger, curry, cardamom powder)
Garlic Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (salt, white pepper)
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Saj bread, or tortillas (depending on the number of sandwiches)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 30gm Baker’s Choice
- Pickled cucumber (to taste)
- Spicy (to taste)
How to prepare
- In a bowl, put the chicken strips, lemon slices, soy sauce, pomegranate molasses, yogurt, vinegar, bell pepper molasses, tomato molasses, chicken bouillon cube, mashed garlic and spices (pepper, garlic powder, paprika, curry, cardamom powder). Mix them until all the seasoning is distributed over the chicken and put the bowl in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- After half an hour has passed, put 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 30 grams of Baker’s Choice in a frying pan, then add the chicken pieces and stir until the chicken is cooked for about 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, place 3/4 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch over a low heat until you have a thick mixture.
- Put the starch and water mixture in a blender, along with 2 garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, 2 tablespoons yogurt and 1/2 cup vegetable oil and blend until completely combined.
- Put 1 tablespoon of garlic sauce on each slice of bread, then put 2 tablespoons of shawarma slices, pickles, and hot sauce (as desired), then roll them up, grease them with a little vegetable oil, and place them on the frying pan or grill until browned.
- Serve hot with garlic sauce and French fries.