- 3 Pieces of hamour fish fillet (1.5 kg).
- 8 medium onions, sliced (4 cups).
- 3 cups vegetable oil 100 grams of bakers’ choice.
- 3 cups long rice.
- 4.5 cups of water.
- 1 tablespoon each of the following spices (salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon).
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts.
To season the fish:
- 3 tablespoons seasoning.
- 3 tablespoons cumin.
- 3 tsp salt.
- 3 teaspoons pepper.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice .
- (one tablespoon of each type of fish).
How to prepare
- Marinate the fish with each of the following spices (spice, cumin, salt, pepper, lemon juice) and leave it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In a deep saucepan, heat 3 cups of vegetable oil, put the hamour fillet in the oil until it turns golden (approximately 5-7 minutes), then put it in a dish on the side.
- Take 1/2 cup of fish frying oil and put it in a different saucepan with 100g of Bakers Choice.
- In a bowl, put 3 cups of rice, wash it well and leave it for 10 minutes in water.
Meanwhile, slice 8 medium onions, and put them in the saucepan with the vegetable oil and Bakers Choice.
- On a medium heat (160 ° C – 190 ° C) put the onion until it turns golden and turns brown (keep stirring it so that it does not burn) and add the following spices (salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon).
- Take 1/2 cup of onion and set aside (for garnish).
- Pour 4.5 cups of hot water into the saucepan, and stir until it boils with the onions.
- After ten minutes of rice, put the rice in a colander until the water is drained, then pour the rice into the previously prepared saucepan with onions and leave it to boil.
- After boiling, when the water level reaches the rice level, put the lid on the pot, reduce the heat from medium (160°C – 190°C) to quiet and place the rice chile under the pot.
- Leave the Sayadiya rice for about 15 minutes, then turn the pot onto a plate.
- Put fried hamour pieces on the top of the sayadiya, then garnish with onions.