- 60gm of Bakers Choice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon each of the following spices (nutmeg, pepper, salt, ginger, dried basil)
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 onions, sliced, wedges
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or 1/2 cup cooking cream
- 2 sliced toasted toast bread
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
How to prepare
- In a deep saucepan, put 40 grams of Baker’s Choice with sliced onions until the onions are caramelized and set them aside.
- With the same amount of Baker’s Choice, add 2 tablespoons of flour until it changes color, and add 2 cups of milk, stirring constantly.
- Put the chicken bouillon cube and sprinkle with all the spices (nutmeg, pepper, salt, ginger powder).
- Put 2 tablespoons of heavy cream or 1/2 cup of the cooking cream and stir into the soup.
- Return the onions to the soup mixture, thicken the soup as desired, and simmer for five minutes.
- Cut the toast into cubes, season with a little wild thyme and olive oil, and roast in the oven or microwave until toasted.
- Pour the soup into an ovenproof bowl, place the toasted bread on top, sprinkle the grated mozzarella cheese over it and place it in the oven until the cheese melts.
- Health and wellness