- 2 cups boiled chickpeas (reserving its water)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup mashed chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- pinch of salt
- Light pinch of cumin
- 2 tablespoons ghee or bakers’ choice
- Toasted pine nuts for decoration
- A sprinkle of chopped parsley, for garnish
- 4 loaves of bread
How to prepare
- In a bowl, mix yogurt with tahini, then add lemon juice, mashed chickpeas with a pinch of salt and a pinch of cumin, then add crushed garlic and check the level of salinity, acidity and thickness.
- Cut the bread into medium-sized cubes and toast in the oven.
- Put the chickpeas with its water on the fire to heat it with a little cumin, garlic and salt.
- Place the bread at the bottom of a plate, put the chickpeas on top, and water the bread with a little chickpea water.
- Add tahini on top and sprinkle red Aleppo pepper and cumin on top.
- Heat the ghee or bakers’ choice in a frying pan, then pour it on top of the dish and garnish with pine nuts and parsley.
- Health and wellness.